From Cooking Light, May 2000 NOTE: This recipe used to be for Curried Chicken Pot Pie but I took out the crust part because it is so delicious as a chicken curry over rice.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups diced peeled baking potato (about 12 ounces)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- Cooking spray
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add curry; cook 2 minutes.
Add potato, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and chicken; stir-fry 3 minutes.
Add broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through black pepper); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir in cornstarch mixture and cream cheese; cook 1 minute or until cream cheese is melted.
Spoon the filling into a round 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray.