From September 2011 issue of Cooking Light
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 [1-pound] squash)
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 pound uncooked cavatappi
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine squash, broth, milk, and garlic in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3. Place the hot squash mixture in a blender. Add salt, pepper, and Greek yogurt. Remove the center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Place blended squash mixture in a bowl; stir in Gruyère, pecorino Romano, and 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir until combined.
- 4. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well. Add pasta to squash mixture, and stir until combined. Spread mixture evenly into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add panko, and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Sprinkle evenly over the hot pasta mixture. Lightly coat topping with cooking spray.
- 6. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 19.1g
- Carbohydrate: 53.9g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 589mg
- Calcium: 403mg