From: Giada de Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 medium orange, zested
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsFor the Rice Salad:
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely, about 15 minutes
In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock, salt and oil to a boil over medium-high heat Stir in the rice. Cover the saucepan, reduce the heat, and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, about 40 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Using a fork, fluff the rice and place in a large serving bowl. Add the parsley, orange zest, half of the lemon zest, green onions, and 1/4 cup of the almonds. Toss well.
For the Vinaigrette:
In a blender, combine the olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, and cumin. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour the vinaigrette over the rice mixture and stir well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with the remaining lemon zest and almonds.