From Cooking Light
Just about every New Mexican home has a favorite version of this chicken casserole recipe. This one features the convenience of canned cream of chicken soup, and you can make it a day ahead.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans condensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted (such as Campbell's)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 24 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Spread 1 cup soup mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 6 tortillas over the soup mixture, and top with 1 cup chicken and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers, ending with the cheese. Spread remaining soup mixture over cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 335 (29% from fat)
- 10.8g (sat 5.9g,mono 2.7g,poly 1.2g)