Sandwich: PaniniHappy.comAu Jus: ForTheLoveOfCooking-recipes.blogspot.com
- 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced into 1/4″ rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- French bread, thick slices
- Mayonnaise or roasted garlic aioli
- Roast beef, thinly sliced
- Gruyère cheese, grated
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Season onions with salt and pepper and sauté in the olive oil for 15-20 minutes until caramelized.
- Preheat panini grill to medium-high heat (375°F).
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise or roasted garlic aioli on a slice of bread. Top with roast beef, onions and cheese. Close the sandwich with another slice of bread. Grill 7-8 minutes until cheese is melted and grill marks appear. Serve immediately with au jus and enjoy!
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, sliced thinly
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 -4 cups of beef broth
- 3 tsp bouillon crystals
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a small pan then add shallot once it's hot. Sauté for 1-2 minutes then add garlic. Cook for 60 seconds, stirring frequently. Add broth, bouillon crystals, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for at least 15 minutes for flavors to combine. Taste and re-season if needed.