A Kid in the Kitchen
- 2 (8.5-ounce) pouches precooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 rotisserrie chicken, cleaned
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
2. Combine soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and hoisin in a bowl. Add chickento soy sauce mixture; toss to coat. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat.
3. Add egg to pan; cook 45 seconds or until set. Remove egg from pan; cut into bite-sized pieces.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell pepper, edamame, and 1/2 cup onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add rice; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken and soy sauce mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Top rice mixture with egg and remaining onions.