Sep 5, 2008
Cajun Sirloin Kebabs
1 pound lean top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons low-sodium Cajun seasoning
1 onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
8 large mushrooms, halved
4 tablespoons low-fat, bottled vinaigrette
12 bamboo (soaked in water) or metal skewers
1. In a small bowl, toss the sirloin with the Cajun seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion, peppers and mushrooms with the vinaigrette. Marinate the vegetables for 20 minutes at room temperature.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
4. Thread the chili-rubbed sirloin cubes onto 4 of the skewers. Thread the vegetables onto the remaining skewers.
5. Grill the skewers on each side until the beef is cooked to the desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium. The vegetable skewers may take a minute or two longer.
6. Remove the skewers, arrange the sirloin and vegetables on a platter and serve.